terça-feira, 24 de junho de 2008

I'm a designer

A música não é lá essas coisas (ouça), mas alguns momentos da letra são reflexivos:

I'M A DESIGNER
Queens of the Stone Age


My generation’s for sale / Beats a steady job / How much have you got? / My generation don’t trust no one / It's hard to blame / Not even ourselves /The thing that’s real for us is: Fortune and Fame / All the rest seems like work / It's just like diamonds / In shit

I’m high class I’m a whore / Actually both / Basically I'm a Pro / We’ve all got our own style
(of Baggage) / Why hump it yourself /You’ve made me an offer that I can refuse (course either way I get screwed) / Counter proposal: I go home & jerk off

It’s truly a lie / I counterfeit myself / It’s truly a lie / I counterfeit myself /You don’t own, you don’t own, you don’t own / You don’t own what none can buy / You don’t own (Neither do I)

High and mighty you say selling out is a shame / Is that the name of your book? / Push a silver spoon in your ass / No more holding us down /Dog. down mutt. Nice mutt /You’re insulted / You can’t be bought or sold / Translation: offer too low / You don’t know what you’re worth / It isn’t much / My piano is for sale /How many times must I sell myself before my pieces are gone? / I’m one of a kind! / I’m designer /Never again will I repeat myself / Enough is never enough / Never again will I repeat myself

It used to be the plan was: screwing the man / Now it's have sex with a man (after he buys you .com for sale at a low, low price)

It’s truly a lie / I counterfeit myself / It’s truly a lie / I counterfeit myself /You don’t own, you don’t own, you don’t own / You don’t own what none can buy / You don’t own (Neither do I)

Nenhum comentário: